It's a football grid! No. It's Superbowl Squares! No. It's football squares! Whatever you want to call it, this game is fun and everyone can play it at your next football watching party, even the littles.
Football Betty Amy used this board for last week's College National Championship and her post on Instagram got so much chatter that we thought we should definitely share it with our favorite Bettys. Here's what you do:
1. Put the 2 team names on the top and side of the grid
2. Participants pay for squares (whatever amount you deem appropriate for each square- $1 per square is pretty typical) and for each square purchased, the person writes their initials in any square that "speaks" to them.
3. Write the numbers 0-9 on pieces of paper and have someone draw the numbers randomly. Write each number, as it gets drawn, across the top of the grid, then do the same for the side of the grid.
4. Once the grid is full, it's time to watch the game and cross your fingers!
5. A winner will be determined at the end of the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, and Final score and is determined by looking at the last number in each teams' score, and then matching those intersecting numbers on the grid. So at the end of the Oregon Ohio State game, the score was Oregon= 20, Ohio State= 42. The winner for the final for this grid was M.M.
Determine how to divide the money- it can be equal for all 4 quarters or have more money go to the winner of the final score and the remainder is split between the first 3 quarters. Just make sure you tell people in advance how it's going to work. You don't want to surprise a Betty with less money than she thought she was going to pocket when her team is down at the half!